Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dessert option that doesn’t require flour, white sugar, or butter? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through the steps to create a mouthwatering Flourless Oatmeal and Carrot Pie that’s both nutritious and satisfying. This recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge their sweet tooth while maintaining a wholesome diet.
Before we dive into the procedure, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to prepare this delightful pie:
- 1 cup of Oats (approximately 130 g): Oats are rich in fiber and provide a hearty base for our pie.
- 1 cup of natural yogurt (250 ml): Natural yogurt adds creaminess and a tangy flavor to the pie.
- 2 units of Egg: Eggs act as a binding agent and contribute to the pie’s structure.
- 2 tablespoons of honey or syrup (about 50 g): Sweeten your pie naturally with honey or syrup for that irresistible taste.
- 2 units of Carrots (approximately 300 g): Carrots not only add a beautiful orange hue but also provide vitamins and antioxidants.
- 2 units of Apples (approximately 320 g): Apples bring a hint of sweetness and additional nutrients to the mix.
- Walnuts (amount to taste to decorate): Walnuts will be used to decorate and add a delightful crunch to your pie.
Now that we’ve gathered all our ingredients, let’s get started with the step-by-step procedure:
1. Prepare the Oat and Yogurt Mixture
In a bowl, combine the oats and natural yogurt, allowing them to rest together for about 5 minutes. This will help soften the oats and create a creamy base.
2. Add the Eggs and Sweetener
Next, add the eggs and your chosen sweetener (honey or syrup) to the oat and yogurt mixture. Ensure thorough mixing to incorporate all the ingredients.
3. Grate the Carrots
Finely grate the carrots and add them to the mixture. Carrots bring a natural sweetness and a pop of color to the pie.
4. Peel and Grate the Apples
Peel and grate the apples, then add them to the mixture. Apples contribute moisture and a fruity flavor to our pie.
5. Pour the Mixture into a Mold
Grease a pie mold or line it with parchment paper. Pour the prepared mixture into the mold, spreading it evenly.
6. Decorate with Walnuts
To add an extra layer of flavor and texture, sprinkle some walnuts on top of the pie. This will create a delightful crunch when you bite into it.
7. Bake to Perfection
Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and bake the pie for approximately 40 to 45 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when a toothpick inserted into the pie comes out clean.
8. Let It Cool
Allow the pie to cool before serving. This will ensure that it sets properly and is easier to slice.
Congratulations! You’ve just created a scrumptious Flourless Oatmeal and Carrot Pie that’s both nutritious and indulgent. This dessert is perfect for those with dietary restrictions and anyone who appreciates a guilt-free treat.
- Can I use Greek yogurt instead of natural yogurt? Yes, you can substitute Greek yogurt for natural yogurt if you prefer a thicker consistency.
- Is this pie suitable for vegetarians? Absolutely! This pie is vegetarian-friendly.
- Can I use maple syrup instead of honey? Yes, you can use maple syrup as a sweetener if you prefer its flavor.
- Are there any gluten-free oats I can use? Yes, look for certified gluten-free oats if you have gluten sensitivities.
- How long can I store leftover pie? You can store leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.