Philly Cheesesteak Nachos, the name itself is enough to make your taste buds tingle with excitement. This fusion dish combines the bold flavors of a classic Philly Cheesesteak with the crunchy, cheesy goodness of nachos. It’s the ultimate comfort food that’s perfect for any occasion, from game night with friends to a cozy family dinner. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to create the perfect Philly Cheesesteak Nachos that will leave your guests craving for more.
The History of Philly Cheesesteak
The iconic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich hails from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia. It originated in the 1930s when hot dog vendor Pat Olivieri decided to grill some thinly sliced beef with onions on his grill. The delicious aroma attracted attention, and a new culinary legend was born. This simple yet delectable sandwich has since become a staple in American cuisine.
Now, we’re taking this classic and giving it a modern twist with our Philly Cheesesteak Nachos recipe. It’s a delightful blend of tradition and innovation, offering the same mouthwatering flavors in a different form.
For the Philly Cheesesteak Nachos, you’ll need:
- 1 pound of Kroger brand beef shaved steak meat
- 1 packet of sazon all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bag of your favorite nacho chips
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) of Kroger brand queso cheese
- A splash of milk
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole
Step 1: Prepare the Philly Cheesesteak Meat
- Start by seasoning the Kroger brand beef shaved steak meat with the sazon all-purpose seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix the seasonings thoroughly into the meat, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a touch of cooking oil, and then add the seasoned steak meat. Cook it until it’s browned and cooked to your preferred level of doneness. The aroma will be irresistible!
Step 2: Create the Nacho Base
- On a large oven-safe platter or baking sheet, arrange your favorite nacho chips in an even layer. This will be the base for your Philly Cheesesteak Nachos.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) to get it ready for the final step.
Step 3: Add the Cheese
- Now, it’s time to add a layer of decadent Kroger brand queso cheese to your nacho chips. Make sure to spread it evenly, ensuring that every chip gets a generous coating of cheese.
- Place the nachos in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden.
Step 4: Assemble the Philly Cheesesteak Topping
- While the nachos are baking, you can sauté the thinly sliced onions and bell peppers in a separate skillet until they’re tender and slightly caramelized. This will add a delightful crunch and sweetness to your nachos.
Step 5: Bring It All Together
- Once the cheese is perfectly melted and bubbling, it’s time to add the star of the show – the seasoned Philly Cheesesteak meat. Carefully spread it over the nachos, ensuring an even distribution.
- Now, top your Philly Cheesesteak Nachos with the sautéed onions and bell peppers. The combination of flavors and textures is simply divine.
- If you like some extra heat, consider adding the optional toppings like sliced jalapeños for a spicy kick, diced tomatoes for freshness, chopped fresh cilantro for a burst of flavor, sour cream for creaminess, and guacamole for a creamy, avocado twist.
- Serve your Philly Cheesesteak Nachos hot and watch them disappear in no time. They’re perfect for sharing with friends and family, but you might want to make an extra batch – they’re that good!
Philly Cheesesteak Nachos are a culinary masterpiece that combines the heartiness of a classic Philly Cheesesteak with the fun and crunch of nachos. This recipe brings together the best of both worlds, offering a rich and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any gathering or weeknight dinner. With a history rooted in Philadelphia and a contemporary twist in your kitchen, these nachos will quickly become a family favorite.
So, don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of Philly Cheesesteak Nachos for your next get-together, and prepare to savor every bite. Your taste buds and your guests will thank you for it!